Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Here Are A Few Simple Explanations Why Consuming Apples Is Good.
I am certain you’ve heard that you should be eating an apple a day but did you ever wonder why this is important? This is something that many individuals live by and they also make certain their children are eating at least one apple a day. You will even find that men and women in other country’s also adhere to this simple rule and they don’t even know why. In our research we have discovered why you are told to eat an apple a day and we will be discussing that with you here.
At this point we are going to show you the reason why these minerals and vitamins are important to good health. You may or may not be aware that apples may actually help reduce risks of various cancers, and that is because of all the things in apples. And by eating apples you can actually lessen your chances of getting breast or lung cancer. I am not sure about you but when I read that I went out and bought a whole bag of apples.
I am hoping I have revealed some good information that defined why apples are so good. In this post we just dealt with several of the benefits of eating an apple a day. You’ll be able to locate many more benefits for your health when it comes to apples. So do yourself a favor and purchase some apples the very next time you go to the grocery store. It can really help your overall health for short term and also for the long haul.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vegetarian pho (vietnamese noodle soup) recipe. You can have vegetarian pho (vietnamese noodle soup) using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup):
- Provide Soup Broth
- Prepare 1 large sweet onion peeled and quartered
- Prepare 1 small piece ginger (about 2 inch) peeled and halved length wise
- Get 1 head full nutmeg (you can also use a small cinnamon stick)
- Use 2 clove garlic
- Take 1 pinch coriander, cilantro, or basil
- Prepare 4 medium carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- Provide 4 cup vegetable stock
- Take 2 tsp soy sauce
- Use Noodles
- Take 1⁄2 lb flat rice noodle (I used thicker noodles but use according to preference)
- Get Toppings
- Use 2⁄3 packages extra firm fried until crispy tofu (you can substitute any protein you desire here such as chicken, beef, beans, etc)
- Use 4 medium mushrooms (by preference, I like shitake for asian dishes)
- Take 1 bunch vegetables of your choice (I used bok choy and borccoli)
- You need Garnishes
- Provide 1 bunch bean sprouts
- Get 1 bunch cilantro (a handful is usually good)
- Use 1 chile pepper, or any hot pepper, sliced
- Get 1 lime cut into slices
- Use 2 stock green onion, sliced into small pieces
- Use 1 your favorite sauces such as Hoisin, Sriracha, etc
Instructions to make Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup):
- For the broth:
- Char the onion and ginger under the broiler until slightly black (about 5 minutes per side)
- Dry roast star anise, nut meg and cilantro in a large pot over medium heat until you can smell the flavors. Stir to prevent burning.
- Once flavors are aromatic, add the vegetable stock, soy sauce, charred onion and ginger. Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 30 minutes. Reduce heat and keep hot until ready to serve.
- For the noodles:
- In a medium pot, bring water to a boil. Once water is boiled, turn off heat, add noodles, cover and let cook for 5-7 minutes (or follow package directions). Remove from heat, drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking.
- For Toppings:
- Prepare however you desire. I fried the tofu in oil until crispy and cooked the veggies until slightly wilted and warmed throughout. Season as desired, but note the flavor of the broth is the main seasoning for the whole dish
- For the garnishes:
- Prepare garnishes and arrange on a plate. Add the desired amount of garnishes to your own dish once meal is prepared and served.
If you find this Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.